Saturday, October 19, 2013

Plexus Slim Cost vs. its Competitors


I'm a dollar and cents kind of gal.  I always want to know exactly what I'm buying and what  it is going to end up costing.  So, in the course of my meticulous comparison shopping, I have created a small chart detailing the most commonly referenced weight loss programs on the internet and their respective costs.  Not that I consider it a true comparison, however, because Plexus Slim works from within and does not involve shakes, bars, or meal replacements of any kind.  However, since so many people are watching their pennies in this day and age - this should give you good insight on what things actually cost and what you get for your dollar.

You will notice that I left the Plexus price blank - and I did that on purpose.  Plexus Worldwide prefers to have people get pricing directly from a distributor.  That said, with only a few exceptions, you could purchase 2,3,4, or even 5 months of Plexus Slim and Accelerator for what many of these other programs are selling for.  Popular products like Body by Vi will set you back $311 for 30 days of shakes.  NutriSystem costs anywhere from $299 to over $500 depending on the package of meal replacements you choose.  Isagenix, another shake and pill program comes in at $383.    Jenny Craig averages $100-$130 per week and involves follow-up office visits.  Plexus Slim is a simple packet of pink powder that you mix into a bottle of water and chase with 1 or 2 Accelerator pills (optional).  You do it from the comfort of your own home and never have to drink a gritty shake or eat any horrid tasting meal replacement items.  In fact, you eat real food of your own choosing the entire time you take Plexus.

 
Cost Comparison of Popular Weight Loss Programs^^^

NAME
Length of Program
Style
Retail Cost
Plexus Slim & Accelerator
30 days
Drink additive, pills
Body By Vi
30 days
Transformation kit: Shakes
$311
Advocare
24 days
24 Day Challenge, pills, fiber, shakes, MR
$190
NutriSystem
28 days
Meal Replacements (MR) kits
$299-$535
Herbalife
30 days
Ult. Wt. Loss kit; shakes, pills
$216
Saba ACE
30 days
pills
$60
Isagenix
30 days
Pills, shakes
$383
HCG (homeopathic)
23-40 days
Drops, $50-$120 per bottle, 1 bottle for every 20 days, $$$ charges for Dr.'s appt
$50 - $240 av ++
Jenny Craig
30 days
Paid per week @ $100-130/wk, MR
$400-$520
South Beach online
30 days
Centered on 'good carbs', foods can be costly
$150
Xyngular Ignite
30 days
Drink, shakes
$300-$329
MediFast
30 days
MR, does not include Center fees or food upgrades
$300 +
Shakeology
30 days
shakes
$120/ bag
Skinny Fiber
30 days
Pills (fiber)
$60
Bystrictin
30 days
fiber
$80
LA Weight Loss
30 days
3 levels -  all have juice & bars, upgraded pkgs have additional shakes, fiber, and supplements
$199 Silver
$299 Gold
$399 Platinum
Javita
24 days
Weight loss coffee, @ 2 per day
$90
Amway
30 days
Weight Loss Bundle; pills
$193
Usana
5 days
Reset Weight Loss, pills, MR,
$149
Monavie
30 days
drink
$145
Shaklee
30 days
180 Turnaround Kit; tea, bars, shakes
$270
Zija
30 days
Smart mix, AM/PM combo, XM+;   drink, pills
$320
Pharmanex
30 days
ReDesign Weight Mgmt ; pills, shakes
$450
Zeal
 30 days
 Shakes, pills
 $199

 Please visit me at www.facebook.com/DrJsHealthcare and LIKE my page.  I will be happy to answer any questions you have about Plexus Slim and why I choose it for myself and my patients!  Dr. Miranda Jorgenson.

If you like this post, please leave a comment below. Your participation makes a huge difference with google rankings!
^^^The prices documented on this chart represent what I found readily in multiple internet searches as published suggested retail pricing.  These prices may have changed since that data was published.

Copyright (c) 2013  Miranda Jorgenson.  All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or part with out the express written permission of the author.  You are welcome to print this page and use in its entirely for limited, non-commercial purposes.  Do not post to other sources.

31 comments:

  1. I LOVE Plexus products! Price doesnt even matter when you are getting amazing results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great info - thanks! We love our Plexus products!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the chart. I really love my Plexus pink drink! It is changing my life! Nothing else has worked like it has.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful information! Keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Plexus is truly the best all around! They are the cheapest and have the best health and weight loss product out there! That is a fact! And of course we can prove it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for the info. One company I dont see on there is THRIVE by Le-Vel. I live in Georgia and THRIVE is really big over here and every time i tell someone about Plexus, they ask is it like THRIVE. Dont know if you could add them to the list or not but that would sure help me show people the difference.
    Thanks again!! PLEXUS ROCKS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! And thank you for the information! I LOVE Plexus!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post! may I share on my Plexus FB page?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stephanie, you are welcome to post a link to this page. Unfortunately, people are stealing parts of my post, altering it, and redistributing it without my consent, making it violate Plexus policies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge! Plexus products have had tremendous positive effects on my health. I look forward to learning more and more and sharing away to help others gain and reclaim their health too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wy did you not post the price for Plexus product?

    ReplyDelete
  12. The second paragraph explains why I left the price blank. Plexus prohibits the publication of its pricing structure, however, I also clearly alluded to the pricing for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of these other companies prefer that you get prices from consultants as well. Zeal does not require you to drink gritty meal replacements either, and the results are real as well. Good job skewing the facts to make plexus look better tho.

      Delete
    2. I don't believe that it could be any more obvious that this is a Plexus themed blog: starting with the name: pinkdrinkamerica.blogspot, the sappy pink color, and the Order Plexus tab at the top of the page. And as far as "skewing the facts", what facts did I skew? I did a direct cost vs. cost comparison based on MSRP prices that I found published on the internet in various locations. But if you want me to do a direct comparison, of Plexus vs. Zeal, here goes. My Slim ingredient write up can be found using the quick link on the right hand of the page. Here is the ingredients of Zeal as seen on your corporate website: "Proprietary ENRICH blend (soluble stabilized rice bran and rice germ, fructooligosaccharide, moringa oleifera powder, guarana seed powder, gotu kola, alfalfa (leaf) powder, chlorella, broccoli (sprout) extract, cranberry powder), proprietary RESTORE blend (milk thistle extract, bacopa Extract, ashwagandha, green tea extract, wild blueberry powder, turmeric extract, red ginseng, grape seed extract, L-arginine, glycine, lysine, tyrosine, ornithine, yerba mate, kudzu, fennel), proprietary PROTECT blend (aloe vera powder, aloe polysaccharide concentrate, gogi berry extract, acai berry powder, noni juice powder, ionic minerals and fulvic minerals), crystalline fructose, stevia, natural flavors, natural colors, citric acid, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), d-alpha tocopherol (vitamin E), retinal palmitate (vitamin A), niacinamide (vitamin B3), pyridoxal 5 phosphate (vitamin B6), thiamin, riboflavin, cholecalcipherol (vitamin D3), folic acid, biotin, methylcobalamin (vitamin B12).

      CAUTION: Zeal contains guarana, similar to the caffeine in a cup of coffee. Limit caffeine products to avoid nervousness, sleeplessness and occasional rapid heartbeat. Do not take if you are pregnant or nursing, or under 12 years of age. If you are taking medication and/or have a medical condition, consult your doctor before use. " ~~~~~~~See the next post for my analysis

      Delete
    3. Now My take: What I see at a glance – the product Is positioned as a miracle food that contains "$450 worth of supplements a month. " This is simply not true. A single serving contains 14g of their various proprietary blends – looking at the sheer amount of ingredients, it is what we in the industry refer to as a "kitchen sink" formula. They put in a tiny amount of everything but the kitchen sink, just to be able to claim the benefits of the raw material, but technically there isn't enough of any ingredient to have a therapeutic effect. It is really nothing more than a not-so good multivitamin. Here is a breakdown of the ingredients:
      Rice bran/germ – a cheap ingredient that is very prone to rancidity (it gets a rotten play-doh smell when it is off). Fructooligosaccharide – (FOS) a prebiotic fiber. Inexpensive. Good for helping probiotics establish themselves, but can be irritating to IBS/IBD patients. Moringa – a ‘hot’ supplement in mlm circles, supposed to have weight loss benefits but the science is questionable. Guarana – stimulant. Alfalfa leaf powder, cheap ingredient, significant allergy potential, mostly GMO sources or environmentally contaminated. Broccoli powder, used as a green substitute, but little therapeutic value on its own; and it isn't standardized for SGS content. Cranberry powder – little to no therapeutic effect in small does – you need large amounts to alter pH. Milk thistle is excellent for liver health, but there physically can’t be enough in a serving to have a therapeutic benefit (you would need 6-10 servings or more a day to get what you would receive as a normal dose of milk thistle). Same can be said for ashwaganda, and turmeric. There is no way the supplement contains enough to have a benefit. Turmeric requires bioperine to be absorbed, and the supplement does not contain bioperine or any other pepper extract.
      The amino acids are in miniscule amounts, notice that they comprise less than 1% of the daily intake/requirement of protein (less than 1g), so they are not in enough quantity to do anything,
      “aloe vera powder, aloe polysaccharide concentrate, gogi berry extract, acai berry powder, noni juice powder, ionic minerals and fulvic minerals” - all supplements and hot ‘buzz words’ liked by MLM companies, thrown in the product to say that they are in there, but if you read the label – they are placed after the amino acids, and if the amino acids comprise less that 1g of the serving size of 14g, then they are all in absolute minuscule amounts. There can’t be enough of any of them to accomplish anything.
      It is sweetened with fructose and stevia. All of the vitamins and minerals are added in,(synthetic sourced) and are not derived from the other ingredients in the product. Additionally, the product contains soy (big potential allergen), and not enough omega 3’s to help, but lost of omega 6’s, and Americans get too many omega 6’s as it is. You could technically compare the supplement facts box to that of a Flintstone multivitamin – both mostly contain 100% of the RDI of the basic nutrients, but no one would really think they are a ‘health food’.
      But, on the plus side, according to Jeremy Wood - it isn't gritty!

      Delete
  13. I enjoy the way you lay things out!! Snaps to you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love my Pink Drink!! and the price well its cheaper than that fast food meal i USED to crave everyday!! LOL LOVE THE PINK

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't know where you got your Isagenix numbers, but they are wrong...and while you can purchase supplements in pill-form if you want to, they are not required. Currently a 30 day system which replaces two meals a day (you also add in 2 healthy real food snacks as well as a healthy real food dinner) is only $269. And their nutrition info is easily accessible. NOT true w/Plexus.

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL! I bet THAT comment will never see the light of day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So thankful Plexus Ambassadors exhibit class. Thank you Dr J for all your work! :) This is very helpful.

      Delete
  17. All of my cost comparisons come directly from the company's corporate website whenever possible

    ReplyDelete
  18. While cost certainly needs to be considered what you are actually putting in your body should far outweigh cost. I would rather spend a little extra and know that what I am putting in my body was the healthiest thing I could put in. That said look at things like soy additives, sugars, source of whey protein and whether they can claim that everything they use is GMO. Thank you for allowing me my 2 cents

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isa, I fully agree that with high quality comes additional expense. This post is not comparing anything other than cost, because that is the bottom line that many people consider. I could have a field day breaking down many of these programs, but that would be negative, and that is not how I prefer to do business

      Delete
  19. Wow, Miranda! I see my Previous Post, full of FACTS about Isagenix, never made it on her...Hummm Lets see if I checked into your profile, would I find that you are just a wee bit partial since you are a Rep for Plexus?? Im thinking the answer would be yes? now hide this one from the views as well. I will post the copies as what you don't allow as a better debate to your page

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! What hostility. I do not know what post you are referring to, but there is a post above about Isagenix posted Anonymously. I have made no qualms about the fact that I am a distributor for Plexus Slim. Given that this is a Plexus Slim blog, I specify that I am a distributor, the posts are nearly all about Plexus Slim, and there is even a button at the top of the page where people can order Plexus Slim... One would have to be a real dolt not to think that I am partial to Plexus Slim. My blog does not exist for you to debate nor promote our own business. If you want to do that - make your own blog! Coming to my page and being antagonistic will get you nowhere! And as far as comments on my page, I publish 99% of the comments submitted, and you can clearly see that not all comments are glowing or positive. I do not publish anything with outside links to replicated websites where people are selling products, or comments where people are being disparaging, or making claims which violate FDA policies and procedures.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have had two people mention two different products to me today; Plexus and something called Thrive which involves wearing a patch. I don't know enough about either, but I would prefer something that is not outrageously priced. I have gone to the Thrive site and can't find any price chart.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I didn't see soy in the Zeal Wellness Formula nutritional information. I'm asking because I need to stay away from soy. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete